Unless the weather seriously improves, it’s looking likely the ride this Sunday will NOT go ahead. With Temperatures continuing to be below zero and snow showers forecast before Sunday, the conditions look too dangerous for a ride to go ahead.
If the situation changes the route will be published on here and Twitter.
With some of the Committee and Club Members attending the “Sky ride” and “Heart of York” rides this Sunday. There will be no official club ride taking place. We should be back to normal for Sunday 18th Sept.
We’re heading North for a mix of roads. Leaving Tesco heading through Town and out on Wigginton Road to Sutton on Forest. Then on quieter roads through Huby followed by a climb at Crayke then descending towards Oulston. A few ups and downs heading East from there towards Yearsley and dropping down to Brandsby (please take care as there is a sharp corner downhill !!!). A fairly straight road from there through Whenby, coming out on the main road for the climb in to Sheriff Hutton. Following the road back in to York avoiding the York 100, with an optional cafe stop for coffee & cake at Your Bike Shed. Gillygate is now open so we should be able to use that instead of the original route.