Special Events & Sportives
The role of the Special Events & Sportives Coordinator is to be the contact point within the club regarding additional cycling events, beyond the normal club runs. Coordinate, delegate and plan events to match interests within the membership, and to encourage involvement at all levels and disciplines.
- Plan a programme of special events & sportives.
- Maintain contact and relationships with other suitable local clubs with similar interests.
- Be interested in participating or have taken part in special events & sportives.
- Provide information on local and regional special events & sportives within all competitive disciplines, as necessary, to Club members.
- Stimulate cycle interests and development.
- Have knowledge of the clubs riding culture and aspirations.
- Know where to access special events & sportives information, regulations and rules, along with access to event organisation and volunteer requirements.
- Find volunteers and event organisers within the club along with the coordination and delegation of responsibilities for special events & sportives.